Mandee makes these cookies to drive her UK friends wild. When working at the Soda Bar in Seven Dials Market she made a batch for everyone to share at Thanksgiving and they blew our minds (seriously!) so we're super excited to share this recipe with you to make at home!
For the Dough:
1/2 cup veg/rapeseed oil
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup non-dairy milk
2tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
For the Topping:
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground ginger
3/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 175 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Whisk the vegetable oil, maple syrup, non-dairy milk and vanilla extract together until fully combined.
- Into the wet ingredients, sift in the flour and baking soda, then add the sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix everything together with your clean hands to make a pliable dough. Leave to rest.
- In a clean dry bowl, mix together all the topping ingredients until fully combined.
- Roll your dough into balls and then roll each ball into the topping
- Space each cookie out on the baking trays (you can fit 6 large cookies on a tray) and then bake at 175 till brown around the edges or to desired chewiness!
- Serve with warm dairy-free milk or hot chai tea. Warm, comforting perfection!