Joining me for Sober October this year? This is my fourth consecutive year on the Sober October waggon so hopefully I've learned a thing or two about making the month fun. Want to know my go-to recipes for this month? Read on!
October always comes with shorter days and colder evenings so I always feel really inclined to stay home. I love hosting so I'm never home alone for very long and I've gotten good at batching up drinks for everyone so I can spend more time actually talking to them. Here are two easy drinks you can make at home, that are totally alcohol-free.
Cheat's Square Root Mojito Lagaritas
You will need:
- Ice cubes
- Tajin Seasoning (trust me!)
- A Square Root AF Mojito
- Your favourite AF lager (I would choose Lucky Saint)
- This is really simple to make. First, you need to grab two plates or shallow bowls. Put water on one and the Tajin seasoning on the other and then grab the glass you're serving in, dip it in the water and the roll it in the seasoning.
- Add the ice to your glass and then fill it halfway with the mojito and top it up with the lager.
Shrub Hot Toddy
You will need:
- A Square Root AF Negroni Spritz
- 25ml of Shrub Syrup. Try this flavour from Nonsuch or learn to make your own here.
- 75ml Water
- Orange slices
- Add all of your ingredients to a pan and put on a low heat.
- Bring up to a simmer and add the orange slices
- Serve in mugs, with a slice of orange in each and enjoy.
Which one are you going to try? Let us know in the comments!
Mojito lageritas Looks good, as LS is my fav beer so should taste good