Square Root is an award-winning soft drinks producer founded in 2012 in Robyn & Ed's kitchen. We make all our sodas from fruit to bottle, in our own production space - something nobody else in London is doing!
Here at Square Root, we're expanding! We've built a production space in East London and fitted it out with an automated packaging line. We have an opening for a highly skilled Packaging Manager to join the team and help us make sure our drinks are the best bottles of fizzy pop in town!
Are you a real hands-on, confident and proactive person? Are you looking to make a real difference to a growing team, take ownership over a crucial part and make waves in the fizzy pop biz? Then read on, Pop Pal.
Brief Outline of Responsibility:
What we need you to do:
- Manage the running of our packaging line & growing team of Packaging Leads & Assistants. The team currently consists of 2 Packaging Leads, 3 Packaging Assistants & seasonal assistants during peak operations.
- Plan & supervise the daily packaging shifts.
- Manage the quality control of all packaged products produced – from checking the carbonation levels, to making sure they look as amazing as they taste.
- Work with Senior Management Team to develop optimal packaging practices for each product.
- Planning & managing the maintenance schedule of the packaging equipment with COO & Operations Manager.
- Regularly reporting to Senior Management Team on production metrics.
- Driving the team to meet targets of wastage, productivity & quality set out by the Senior Management Team.
- Completion & delivery of food hygiene records for the packaging department in line with our SALSA guidelines.
If you’re our ideal candidate, you;
- Have experience working on or running a packaging line for a similar company or product e.g. a brewery, food manufacturing or even another fizzy drink factory.
- Are really flipping excited about packaging machinery, quality control and innovation in the fizzy pop world.
- Are comfortable managing and training a small team.
- Can work quickly and efficiently with others to get the job done.
- Have some great engineering credentials – whether that’s on the job training or even a formal degree (aren’t you fancy?!)
- Are the kind of person that continuously looks for better ways to implement systems and run the show.
Sound like you? What are you waiting for?!
Our work environment is fairly non-standard, in the best possible sense, so the team is genuinely friendly and fun. Our team is what makes us here at Square Root and we love sitting down together for big communal lunches and touring round together on staff nights out – it’s a really exciting time to become part of our rapidly growing business.
To spread our amazing sodas, we need amazing people. Are you interested in joining us? Email us on email@example.com and tell us why you’re amazing, why you’re the right person for this job and what your dream flavour of soda would be if you could make one.
Questions? Good! Email Ed and book in a call!
- £30-40k dependant on experience.
- Team bonus based on KPI targets.
- 28 days holiday, inc bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- Annual training budget.
- A free box of soda to send anywhere in the UK every month and a friends and family discount code.
- Quarterly team activities – currently held on Zoom; we're looking forward to being able to do them in person again soon!
Application Deadline: 6th August, but we will be interviewing people as soon as applications come in, so don't delay!
Start Date: ASAP.