Here at Square Root, we're expanding! We've built a brand new production space in East London and fitted it out with an automated packaging line. This serious upgrade means that we're looking for TWO highly skilled Packaging Leads to join the team and help us make sure our drinks are the best bottles of fizzy pop in town!
Are you a real hands-on, confident and proactive person? Are you looking to make a real difference to a growing team, take ownership over a crucial part and make waves in the fizzy pop biz? Then read on, Pop Pal.
Brief Outline of Responsibility:
- Daily setting up, closing & running of the packaging line.
- Supervision of daily packaging shifts.
- Managing the printing and proofing of dates and batch codes on labels and bottles with the packaging team.
- Working with the Packaging Manager to maintain the quality control of all packaged products produced while on shift.
- Managing the daily reporting on all compliance information needed for our packaging runs, including pasteurisation data.
- Ensuring all H&S standards are adhered to and responsible for completing all paperwork associated with this.
- Managing the regular reporting of yields of packaging runs to the Packaging Manager.
- Ensuring that CIP schedule & cleaning tasks are carried out to the standard required.
- Ensuring waste is kept to a minimum and assistance in implementing systems to lessen our environmental impact.
- Ensuring stock checks of all packaging materials are done on schedule and reported to the Packaging Manager.
- Working with the Packaging Manager to train staff on our packaging systems.
- Managing Packaging Assistants with the day-to-day running of packaging shifts, including assigning roles, ensuring daily rotations happen on time and ensuring packaging shifts run smoothly.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience working on or running a packaging line for a similar company or product, e.g. a brewery, food manufacturing or even another fizzy drink factory.
- Is flipping excited about packaging machinery, quality control and innovation in the fizzy pop world.
- Is comfortable leading and training a small team.
- Can work quickly and efficiently with others to get the job done.
- Is the kind of person that continuously looks for better ways to implement systems and run the show.
To spread our unique sodas, we need exceptional people. Are you interested in joining us? Email Jake on firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you're amazing, why you're the right person for this job and what your dream flavour of soda would be if you could make one.
Compensation & Perks:
- £24-28K dependant on experience.
- Team bonus based on KPI targets.
- 28 days holiday, inc bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- Annual training budget.
- A free box of soda to send anywhere in the UK every month and a friends and family discount code.
- Quarterly team activities – currently held on Zoom; we're looking forward to being able to do them in person again soon!
Application Deadline: 9th April, but we will be interviewing people as soon as applications come in, so don't delay!
Start Date: ASAP.