Here at Square Root, we're expanding! We've built a brand new production space in East London and fitted it out with an automated packaging line. This serious upgrade means that we're looking for a new Packaging Assistant to join the team and help us make sure our drinks are the best bottles of fizzy pop in town!
Are you a real hands-on, confident and proactive person? Are you looking to make a real difference to a growing team, learn quickly and make waves in the fizzy pop biz? Then read on, Pop Pal.
Brief Outline of Responsibility:
- Daily running of the packaging line including loading bottles into boxes, maintaining the smooth running of the line, changing label reels, checking bottles for low fills or labelling faults and packing and stacking cases of fizzy pop.
- Printing and proofing of dates and batch codes on labels and bottles with the packaging team.
- Working with the Packaging Manager and Packaging Leads to maintain the quality control of all packaged products produced while on shift.
- Daily reporting on all compliance information needed for our packaging runs.
- Ensuring all H&S standards are adhered to and completing all paperwork associated with this.
- Carrying out our CIP schedule & cleaning tasks to the standard required.
- Ensuring waste is kept to a minimum and regularly removing waste from the packaging area to maintain our high standards of cleanliness.
- Stock checking of all packaging materials.
- Manual handling and heavy lifting – we need you to be comfortable with physical work.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Has experience working on a packaging line for a similar company or product, e.g. a brewery, food manufacturing or even another fizzy drink factory.
- Is flipping excited about packaging machinery, quality control and innovation in the fizzy pop world.
- Has a keen eye for detail and can spot a wonky label or underfilled bottle in a sea of perfect ones.
- Can work quickly and efficiently with others to get the job done.
- Has a Level 2 Food Hygiene qualification (but training can be provided if necessary).
To spread our unique sodas, we need exceptional people. Are you interested in joining us? Email Jake on email@example.com and tell us why you're amazing, why you're the right person for this job and what your dream flavour of soda would be if you could make one.
Compensation & Perks:
- 32 hours per week paid at London Living Wage (currently £10.85 per hour)
- Team bonus based on KPI targets.
- 23 days holiday, inc bank holidays plus an extra day off on your birthday.
- Annual training budget.
- A free box of soda to send anywhere in the UK every month and a friends and family discount code.
- Quarterly team activities – currently held on Zoom; we're looking forward to being able to do them in person again soon!
Application Deadline: 16th April, but we will be interviewing people as soon as applications come in, so don't delay!
Start Date: ASAP.