The weathers warming up, we've got loads of time on our hands so what's there to do except become absolute grill masters on our BBQ's? Josh put this recipe together to combine two great things - beer and burgers - into one delicious package. Try it out!
500g of 20% fat beef mince (you want a high-fat content to keep it juicy and for it to bind without using eggwhites)
1 tsp English mustard powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
Can/bottle/growler pour of an American style IPA (think 5 Points Pale, Gamma Ray, Punk IPA etc...)
1. Massage all the dry ingredients into the mince
2. Add as much of your IPA as possible to the mix without compromising the texture of the mince - you still need to put these on the grill at the end of the day!
3. Hand form the mixture into 4 patties.
4. Leave your patties in the fridge overnight to let them bind and hold together.
5. When you're ready to cook just put them on a hot BBQ and cook until the middle has just turned brown.
To serve you'll need burger buns, American cheese (we see you cheese snobs but this stuff is the best!), a slice of tomato for each burger, some lettuce and some of Robyn's homemade ketchup to slather on top. Delicious!
Pairs perfectly with a Square Root Lemonade for those mix in your mouth shandy vibes...